Microsoft has announced that it will be discontinuing support for Exchange 2003, Office 2003, Small Business Server 2003, and Windows XP as of April 2014.
What will this mean for you?
- There will be no security updates for these products.
- There will be no help support for these products.
- New products might not be compatible with these legacy products.
If you have an issue with any of these legacy products that go beyond the normal troubleshooting, you will not be able to contact Microsoft for assistance. In this situation, downtime may be extended and there is an increased chance of losing data that you won’t be able to recover.
Another concern is that new versions of Outlook may not be able to connect to your Exchange server; so you may be reliant on webmail. As new viruses and threats are found there will not be updates to protect against them, putting you at increased risk of attack.
For more information, you can view the Microsoft site here:
What can you do?
Although Microsoft has announced the end of life for these products, there are many good upgrade options to help you move forward. Newer software offers many benefits, including ease of use and wider compatibility with outside products and software. However, upgrading does require planning and considerations of your other software and applications. There are many options depending on your needs:
- There are great new values in Windows 7 and Windows 8 for PCs and Tablets.
- If you are concerned about your Windows servers or your Exchange email, we can help migrate your business to a newer version; or you can move to the cloud with Hosted Exchange or Google Apps for Business.
If you would like to begin planning to upgrade your systems, please let us know and we can provide cost information and the steps needed to do so. We are offering a free migration to Windows 7 with our Cloud Workspace solution, which minimizes the need for hardware in your office and your monthly IT cost.
Fill out the contact form and we’ll get in touch about your upgrade as soon as possible.
- Raleigh – (ITB, downtown/City Center, Midtown, and North Raleigh)
- Durham, Cary, Morrisville, Knightdale, Garner, Apex, Holly Springs, Wake Forest, Wendell, Zebulon, and Chapel Hill
Are you looking for technical support, computer repair services, or IT support? Cii Technology Solutions specializes in helping businesses in the Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Morrisville, and throughout the Triangle with managing their IT solutions. Whether you need full-time tech support, occasional computer help, or managed IT and computer services, our computer support technicians are available 24/7 to assist you.