Mobile Application Design Apex
Often, businesses come to CII Technology Solutions with an idea for a mobile application but do not know where to start. They have a great idea to address a need they have discovered that is lacking in Apex. The advancement in smartphones has fueled the mobile application market, hence requiring improved design and functionality. The demand now is for apps to create a good experience to the user, while maintaining exceptional functionality. When CII Technology Solutions looks at developing or designing a mobile application, for Apex businesses, we focus on key concepts and ideas.
To start of right in designing a mobile application, you must know your market. Try to be a user before being a designer, and by using the device and its apps, it will be a lot easier to understand the needs and the problems when starting the design process. For the most part, you already know your market because you came up with an awesome application idea, but we always start here to make sure the design and planning are moving in the right direction.
As a mobile application user, you understand that design and functionality is vital to making sure the application fits your needs and solves a problem. There are several considerations we use in the design phase.
- Reduce the effort users must do to receive what they want. Every screen of the app should support a real value single action. Call to actions should not increase above one. We only want the user to do one thing on each page.
- Interface – everything on the mobile application screen is an interface. The idea is to reduce the interface to the lowest common denominator to increase interaction.
- Negative space enhances important content.
- Navigation should be self-evident and take up little screen space.
- One hand design configuration focused on increasing screen sizes.
- If users must wait on content then they will lose interest. Actions which are packed into background operations have two benefits — they are invisible to the user and happen before the user actually ask for them.
- Push Notification should be used wisely. Overuse of notifications can negatively affect an application.
Localized mobile applications are becoming more prevalent and Apex specific is not out of the question. The most important thing to keep in mind, for mobile application design, is to ensure it is useful and intuitive. Usefulness is predicated on the practical value for a user. It must be useful for users to use it. Whereas, a mobile application may be useful but require a lot of time and effort, users won’t bother learning how to use it. CII Technology Solutions has found good UI and UX design addresses both design problems.
We are ready to help you design our mobile application idea and turn the Apex market place on hit head. Call us today and we can help you bring your idea to fruition. (919)676-8300