People like to throw around the term network security, however, what does it actually mean? In a company or business, computers are used for communication, production, and creation. The three functions of computers are necessary and are commonly connected by an intranet or network. Network security is defined as any activity designed to protect the integrity, functionality, and usability of this network and its corresponding data. Network security includes technologies, both hardware and software. Successful network security manages access to the network, while targeting a variety of threats and stopping them from entering or spreading within your network. CII Technology Solutions is the leading network security provider and fully understands the threats waiting around the corner. Is your system protected?
Network security works by combining layers, multiple layers, of defense mechanisms in the network and on the periphery. Policies and controls are implement on each layer of network security. Malicious actors are blocked from carrying out exploits and threats, whereas authorized users gain access to network resources.
- Access Control – Allows for permission setting for each network user. Users must be carefully maintained and monitored to keep out potential attackers, you need to recognize each user and each device.
- Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Software – Software designed to protect your business from viruses, worms, Trojans, ransomware, and spyware.
- Application Security – Whether pre-manufactured or custom built, the applications or programs your business operates may have loopholes or vulnerabilities. Application security covers these weakness in your system.
- Data Loss Prevention – technology to protect your valuable and often critical data.
- Email Security – Emails are the first targeted area for would be hackers and malware. An email security application will block incoming attacks and control outbound messages. Measures to prevent the loss of sensitive data.
- Firewalls – A barrier of protection between your network and the outside world.
- Intrusion Prevention Systems – An active blocking and tracking system to ward off attacks or would be attackers.
- Security for Mobile Devices – Services designed to control access to your network system by user using mobile devices and protect against the ever-growing mobile device attacks.
- Network Segmentation – Software that defines segmentation to put network traffic into different classifications which makes the enforcement of security policies much easier.
- Security Information and Event Management
- VPN – Virtual Private Network Encryption
- Web Security
- Wireless Security
The importance of your network security cannot be understated. With the evolution of the internet and its continued growth and expansion, your need to protect it grows exponentially. By increasing network security, you decrease the chance of privacy spoofing, identity or information theft. Basically, the reasons, your business needs to examine and take a hard look at your network security, boils down into four straightforward answers:
- The lack of network security at work your livelihood is at stake.
- Not only can your critical company information can be compromised, yours, your employees, and your customers identity could be stolen and used.
- A good network security system will be a cost saving investment over the long term.
- Protecting your technological assets will allow you to focus on what you do best!
In the end, the security your business has in place for the protection of your network will determine the health and profitability. CII Technology Solutions team of network security professionals is ready to examine, implement, and increase security measures across your entire network. Don’t leave your company exposed to the technological wolves of the modern internet world. Is your system fully protected? Contact CII Technology Solutions today at (919)676-8300.